Choosing the right real estate agent can sometimes be an overwhelming task, whether you’re buying or selling a home. When looking for the best Melbourne, FL realtor, there are a few steps you can take to make sure you have the best buying or selling experience possible.
Not All Real Estate Agents Are The Same
Check your state’s real estate licensing board to ensure that your agent has a current license. Make sure there are no disciplinary actions against them as well. In addition, you want to make sure your potential realtor has the proper credentials. Just as a physician or attorney might specialize in a specific area, so do realtors. Some certifications you might see include:
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist – this is gained by completing additional training in handling residential real estate transactions
- ABR – Accredited Buyer’s Representative – this is gained with additional education in representing buyers in a transaction
- SRES – Seniors Real Estate Specialist – this is gained with additional training in assisting buyers and sellers in the 50+ age range
Depending on your needs, you can look for a Melbourne, FL real estate agent with specialty training that will best suit you.
Chemistry Is Just As Important As Credentials
A realtor’s credentials shouldn’t be the only deciding factor. You want to choose someone you feel comfortable working with, as buying and selling real estate can sometimes be a lengthy process. Take the time to get to know your potential agent, and ask these important questions:
- How many years do they have in the industry?
- How much experience do they have serving your local area?
- Is this their full-time job?
- Are they actively using the internet for their listings?
- Do they have knowledge of comparable listings in your area, including what has sold and what is currently on the market?
Experience, dedication to their clients, and use of the latest online tools and the Multiple Listing Service are all important criteria to gauge how well they will work for you as their client. As a general rule of thumb, you want to interview a number of agents before making your final decision. Beware of any red flags that you discover while searching for an agent. Ultimately, you want to choose someone with a solid market presence who is actively engaged with your best interests as their top priority.
Find Out What Century 21 Indian River Realty Can Do For You
Our number one priority is providing our clients with unparalleled customer service combined with high quality real estate services. Contact us online, or call (321) 723-4747 today to speak with a friendly professional for more information. Let’s work together to see how we can help you with all your Melbourne, FL realtor needs.